Pages

Monday, June 22

Adventure Abroad: Comparison, Contrast, Looking Back & Looking Ahead

Clean. White. Pure.

There are filters that filter the air we breathe. The roads are paved and construction sites have dust blockers, so the air we breathe is clean and dust-free. The apartment is all light and white, new and clean. Neat. Everything is manicured and kept up, inside and out. 
I love it.

Living in America is so much EASIER! Everyone should have an out-of-country experience at least once in their life, and preferably when they're in their late teens. It is such a good experience. 
Living in America is EASY.
There are dishwashers, and microwaves, washing machines and dryers, hot and cold water in the faucets, prepacked, pre-prepared foods, grocery stores all neat and tidy with things air-tight and all ready to be consumed.... Cars are fast and smooth. Roads are paved and traffic laws enforced... 
I am just in awe. Everything is so much easier and faster to do here than in Brazil. 
There are extreme safety features and precautions, rules and regulations, that are nonexistent in Brazil. Both instances can cause great hassle and have their own unique pros and cons. 

Florida is different than Portland. It's really messing with me, because I do feel like I'm in the US, but inside the US I have only ever been on the West side, so being in any other state is freaking me out---I feel like I'm in my home country, yet terribly off-course and in the wrong place. It's so hot and humid too, with palm trees everywhere, that I feel like I'm in Hawaii or somewhere tropical, and in my mind that does not compute with the US. Like we're living normal US life, just going about our daily activities and living, but we are not actually home and we are not actually in a specific vacation-y spot where you go for fun. You could say I'm still getting used to this whole traveling thing. :P

My sister and I went out on our own for the first time today. The first time in over 2 years. It's been so long! We don't often have the time to connect one-on-one. I have never felt super close to her, but as soon as we get on the one-on-one date, it's like we know each other inside and out and understand each other like we're lifelong friends, it's so cool and special. <3 

We live on. We breathe. We praise Him. 



2 years ago, in Brazil

Today, in Forida, USA :)

2 years ago, Brazil

Today, Brazil


The Root family, June 2015


Alia Simone Root
May 19, 2015 - June 21, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment