- Sludging through traffic, all those bold red lights twinkling in the thick fog.
- Fog--it is eerie and it is beautifully mysterious, secretive, and cozy all at once. Like a winter wonderland.
- The car keys, jingling and clanging together, as though they were making a joyful noise to the LORD.
- My duct tape roses from a friend, or that plastic green plant. Artificial beauty--bright and colorful and convincing. but with no life on the inside, no sweet fragrance or soft touch. A reminder that the heart is what counts. Life--roots--are vital, and love is authentic. May we all be bright lights and sweet fragrances of Christ's love, filled with His life, and having hearts so soft.
- This picture. That is a GALAXY. It is HUGE! It is the spiral galaxy NGC 4945. There are billions of these things out there... millions of lights-years away, and thousands of light-years across. Look at all of those other stars and galaxies in the background!!
Our very own Two-Armed Spiral Milky Way
The Elusive Jellyfish Nebula
(The expanding debris cloud from a massive star that exploded--about 5,000 light-years away and about 100 light-years across.)
Thank You, God, for always reigning. For creating. For what You have created, and for what you create in each of us. You have made the massive galaxies, star explosions and black holes, and You have made the microscopic organisms and tiny atoms. You created the psychical matter, space, time and energy, and You created the invisible forces of good and evil. You created us in Your image, and You put hearts, souls and spirits inside of us, with feelings and emotions. Help us to never forget who You are. And that You alone are worthy of all glory and honor. Thank You that we can trust You with everything, in everything--because You never change, and You are all-knowing, all-powerful, eternal, in control of all things, and simply because...
You are God.